Sunday 5 August 2012

I'm a Bad Friend #13

One of my best friends' birthday is in the coming weeks and I have already bought her the present she wanted - Bossypants by Tina Fey. It's been sitting on my shelf for a while waiting to be wrapped, but I couldn't resist reading the first chapter. Then the next chapter and the next.
Before I knew it, I had read the whole book. I even made sure not to open the pages too wide to stop the spine getting damaged. Sneaky sneaky.
I mean last Christmas, she asked for Ellen Degeneres' book and I must admit I did flick over a few pages but I never read the whole thing... Am I a bad person? Probably, but hey, it did no one any harm and besides, it's hardly my fault if she asks for such good books.

It's also my sister's birthday soon and at her request, I've bought her a load of DVDs which probably isn't the best idea. We have unopened DVDs from over a year ago that are dying to be watched but it seems like neither of us are even in the mood to watch them.

Olympics wise, last night was awesome - Super Saturday indeed, 3 golds just in the Athletics!
Shame about the mens and womens football teams though, I really thought there would be medals.

No comments: